Sunday, January 1, 2017

Putting the New Year in (a different) perspective

Today is New Years Eve and I'm sitting on my bed trying to coordinate an outfit for dinner in a few hours.  I can't help but think about resolutions, what God has for me, and what lies ahead for 2017. How can I, a disciple of Jesus Christ, do my part better this coming year?  

My thoughts quickly turned to an earlier revelation.  When I saw this on Facebook (see picture), I read it, then reread it, and silent exclaimed, Amen!  I couldn't stop myself from thinking about the things that I am seeking answers for but have not asked the One who is more than able.

I'm sure you can agree that there are those situations or circumstances, in our lives and in others, where asking for guidance, help, strength, etc are easy to do.  However, there are those times we won't ask Him and make the decision to carry the burden ourselves.  We have it figured or planned out, right down to the outcome.  Once our course is set, we put it into play with results, at times, less than desirable.  Even if the results were desirable, you may still be missing what God had intended for you.   

The word of God says, "You desire but do not have, so you kill.  You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight.  You do not have because you do not ask God" - James 4:2 

We know we can approach Him to ask because, "In Him and through faith in Him we may approach God with freedom and confidence" - Eph 3:12 and "This is the confidence we have in approaching God, that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.  And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him" - 1 John 5:14 - 15

If you are so inclined to make a resolution, why not resolve to go to the Father in heaven and ask? Every desire or thought can be molded into a faith building, life changing, God praising experience by the One who created you.  It may not turn out the way you wanted, however, you can best believe it will be better than you thought.

Happy New Year!!

~O.C.


No comments:

Post a Comment