I have 4 more days of work and then, well, I'm unemployed. For the past 13 years, I have held down the same job with its increasing stress level, management changes, major parent company changes, and layoffs. I have learned a lot (good and bad) and those things will follow me to my next stop.
However, truth be told, over the last 4 years of the 13 years, I began to grow restless. Not sure why but a new job felt like it was in order. I would put my resume out there, get a couple of bits, went on a interview or two, and then I would hide my resume. I know I wasn't alone in this and I knew I needed to find out what was going on.
About 2.5 years ago, I thought I would switch it up and moved to another state. I was blessed to be able to keep my job and work remotely. I told myself I would give it 1 year and then see if I wanted to stay or find a new job. A year come and went and the feeling of change became more and more present.
It wasn't until after Christmas of 2015, that something that I had come across a few times before found me and fell right in my lap. When it did, I took it under serious advisement and prayer. That was just the beginning and then things started to happen. I'm not there yet and honestly, I believe I'm on a detour.
However, while I am here, I am learning to be content. Like the Apostle Paul says, "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." - Phil 4:11 (NIV) I'm on a different kind of journey.
Over the past few days, Romans 8:28 keeps showing up in my reading. It reads: And we know [with great confidence] that God [who is deeply concerned about us] causes all things to work together [as a plan] for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His plan and purpose. (AMP)
It appears that 2017 is a season of growing for me.
~O.C.
No comments:
Post a Comment